Over 100 Labour Party members and supporters joined David Ellesmere in Ipswich Labour Club's new function room on Friday night to launch the campaign to become our town's next Member of Parliament.
Master of Ceremonies, Nick Pandolfi encouraged members to donate to the Campaign Fund, before handing over to David, to set out his ambitions for Ipswich and how a Labour government will make a real difference to Britain.
If elected, David will work with a Labour government to:
- Save the NHS - putting a stop to privatisation and employing more doctors, nurses and care workers.
- Raise the minimum wage to £8 and cut the starting rate of tax.
- Tackle the cost-of-living crisis - Freezing energy bills and ensuring all families have access to 25 hrs free childcare per week.
- Provide a decent home for all - Building 200,000 new homes a year and tackle rip-off landlords.
- Stand up for Ipswich - doing what's right for our town and fighting for the causes that matter to local residents.
Sign up today to help elect David Ellesmere in Ipswich, and a Labour government at Westminster.