Adam Rae has been selected as Labour candidate for the Alexandra Ward by-election which is to be held on Thursday 26th September.
Labour members from Alexandra Ward met on Monday evening to select our candidate for the seat vacated by Adam Leeder.
Announcing five pledges to Alexandra Ward residents, Adam Rae said: "I can see the difference a Labour council makes. Despite Tory Government cuts, Labour-run Ipswich Borough Council is protecting existing services and making improvements too. All we get from the Conservative-run County Council and Police and Crime Commissioner are cut after cut. If you vote for me I can continue Labour’s good work in Alexandra."
- A permanent free young persons' Summer iCard
- Build new council houses including 16 new homes at Grimwade Street
- Upgrade CCTV in town centre to provide wider coverage and better quality pictures
- Improve air quality by changing council's vehicles to electric and installing charging points in new council car parks
- Continue to support free events such as Maritime Festival, Windrush Day & One Big Multi-cultural Festival
Adam has lived in Alexandra Ward for 30 years and is married to Jane Riley, Alexandra Ward councillor and Mayor of Ipswich 2018/19. Their three children all attended Clifford Road Primary School. Adam and Jane met at the University of Hull where Adam studied for his degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering. For the last twenty years, Adam has run his own IT company.
Adam is Treasurer of the Ipswich Society and membership Secretary of the Ipswich Historic Churches Trust. He plays badminton in local leagues and represents Suffolk in the sport. He is also a black belt in martial arts and regularly teaches classes of children and adults.
If you live in Alexandra Ward, you can expect a visit from Adam and the Labour Team over the next few weeks.