Who can apply for a proxy vote?
If you are registered to vote then you can apply for a proxy vote. This is when someone you trust votes on your behalf, because you are unable to. When you apply for a proxy vote you must provide a reason. You can apply for a proxy vote if:
• You are unable to go to the polling station because, for example, you are away on holiday
• You have a physical condition that means you cannot go to the polling station
• Your employment means that you cannot go to the polling station
• Your attendance on an educational course means that you cannot go to the polling station
• You are a British citizen living overseas
• You are a crown servant or a member of Her Majesty's Armed Forces
How do I apply for a Proxy Vote?
Download an application form here
If you live in Ipswich return your completed form to:
Ipswich Borough Council
Electoral Registration Officer
15-17 Russell Road
If you want a proxy vote in time for the General Election on 12 December 2019, the Council must receive your form by 5pm on Wednesday 4 December 2019.
Emergency and Permanent Proxy Votes
If you find out that you won't be able to vote in person after the deadline or your situation means that you need a proxy vote on long term basis special arrangements apply. Visit yourvotematters.co.uk/how-do-i-vote/voting-by-proxy for more information.